Friday, September 11, 2009

Counseling

What the H#!! am I doing?? Counseling? What sorts of skills do I have that will enable me to be a good counselor? Why can I not stick to things I am good at? I find it strangely ironic that I am not at all nervous for the stats class but the communication class last night scared the bejesus out of me. I don't knowif I have any good communication skills. What does that entail? What does it look like? The perfectionist in me has a really hard time with this because I like to be the best at what I do, not just good. But in this case I feel like I am starting out way behind the eight ball. I really shouldn't feel this way, because I don't think you can fail a masters class. But I still want to do really well. Okay, next blog up an analysis of what skills I think have, and where I need to focus my attention.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure that communication is a skill you can learn. I think it's something you gain and adapt over time.
Can't tell you what makes someone good at communication, but I know listening is a big part of it.
I'd say you speak very well and have a way about getting people to open up to you.