Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Song therapy tool?

Okay, so as per my note from the other day... a song that describes how I feel right now- I guess not really about my life persay, but right this moment:

Alexithymia- Anberlin

"Are you where you thought'd you'd be...?"
This line really sticks out for me, because I keep thinking about this. I really question a lot whether I have made all of the right choices, even straight from the get-go. I keep focusing my self in one direction, and while I am sort of moving there, is it really where I thought I would be? OR where I want to be?
"It's not that we don't talk/It's just that no one really listens"
This line is just so true. I don't think people listen, because they miss all of the hidden messages that are constantly being sent. We think listening means hearing the words people speak. That is the narrowest definition of listening possible, and because it is what people do the most they don't ever really listen.
"There's more to living than being alive.."
Oh so true. "There is that edge, between success and significance. That subtle edge, between being the best in the world and being the best for the world.".
"Don't believe anything I say..."
I guess this comes back to the fact that I don't always feel (or rarely feel) that people listen. So as a result, I tell them what their ears want to hear. But usually that is never what I am saying.

1 comment:

izzy said...

Perhaps overly pessimistic. If I were to analyze a second time around, and place it in context, it looks different. Fights with particular people, negative events during the day... just goes to show how subjective our reality truly is!